Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Status Update

Returning to Florida for the month of February is off the table. It just got way too complicated, trying to prepare for all the possible medical issues. I don't really feel up to the travel and it suddenly seemed crazy to be driving everyone nuts trying to make this happen. That's why we went for two weeks in January, fearing that February was a long way away.
But to back up a bit, Tony & I were set to fly home from our two-week stay Jan. 19th. But that night, for the first (and so far the last time), I had lung pain. So I took some morphine. Turns out, morphine doesn't quite agree with me. It took care of the pain, but produced vomiting, so much so that I couldn't keep the anti-nausea pill down. I finally managed and off we headed to the airport. I was in a bit of fog. But the pill didn't quite work, and the movement of getting up out of the wheelchair to walk onto the plane started to produce retching. I made it to the bathroom, leaving Tony to argue with the steward that we should not be thrown off the plane because I was too sick to travel! Tony managed to convince them, and the flight attendants were very relieved to just see me sleep the whole way, or try to -- with a three-year-old kicking my seat and an 18-month-old shrieking. Parents were very apologetic, but jeeesh. Don't people know how to control their kids?? (I sound like a grumpy old lady, but I felt like one.)
Mara picked us up at LaGuardia (her timing great driving back with Ellie from packing up her place in Austin, TX) and the ride home was uneventful. Dear, dear Chris literally had the home-fires burning, even hot packs in my bed. He greeted me with an IV of saline that perked me right up.
But clearly there were new issues. Chris was pushing for me to start taking some palliative drugs, to help extend quality of life, and I was resisting. I finally realized that my resistance was simply not wanting to acknowledge that I had gone somewhat downhill. Once I realized that, Tony, Mara, Chris & I met with my primary care doctor (no more need for the oncologist) and last Friday night, I started on a steroid. Its purpose is to alleviate nausea, reduce inflammation around the tumors, since it is often the inflammation rather than the tumor that causes problems. It was also hoped it would boost appetite and energy and perhaps help with the occasional shortness of breath. So far, it hasn't done those things, but I gather it yet may.
And although the steroid "has no real side effects," I also walked out with four other medications -- to treat potential side effects. It's such a cascading effect. One drug requires the balancing of another drug and so on.
Today, oxygen was delivered, so here it is here for a hopefully far-future need. Tomorrow, the hospice in-take nurse makes her first official visit to sign me up, in part so all this stuff will be covered by Medicare. Would you believe that a Stage IV lung cancer patient can't get oxygen -- unless I'm officially in hospice. Oh our wonderful health care system.
So I am not taking any pain meds, none needed, thank goodness. But mornings are hard. I just simply have no energy, no appetite. By afternoon, I feel human and can get off the bed and do some simple stuff around the house. It really harkens back to my teenage days. I was always a very, very late sleeper -- noon if my parents would let me. So once again, I am not a "morning person." So I'll just have to plan my outings for the afternoon & early evening. We are hoping to do some fun stuff in the city as well as around here.
Meanwhile, all the kids who were coming to Florida are changing reservations and heading home for a visit, so once again, it will be a wonderful steady stream of children & grandchildren. I think everyone is anxious to come while I am still in decent shape.

4 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete