Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Steroid Kicks In


Well, the day after I wrote I felt like a lazy teenager wanting to sleep till noon, the steroid kicked in and I was up at 6:30 a.m., in the kitchen cooking my own breakfast at 7. Seems both the energy and the appetite stimulant just needed a little more time to work. So I am feeling good again, trying to get out and about as much as possible while I can, although I still get chauffeured most places I go, usually by Tony. I am going to the personal trainer again several times a week, and we have tickets for a Ladysmith Black Mombazo concert Sunday afternoon (have to be home in time to root for the Saints in the Super Bowl).
I am still pain free, for the moment. Any back discomfort I have from the adrenal tumor responds very nicely to a heating pad. Yesterday, just to try it out, I put the oxygen on through a nasal canula. But I was just sitting while I did it, which is not when I tend to get short of breath. Really, I guess to test it I should have Tony hook up the 50' tubing and walk around the house, or try coming up the front steps, which does make me breathless. But so far, once I sit down, I recover full breath within a few minutes. So I guess I'll wait a while longer on that.
Chris has done a wonderful job of handling the few hydration issues I have. Sunday morning he came over and ran a saline IV drip for a couple of hours and brought his guitar to serenade me. He has done a fair amount of performing, has a great voice and a huge repertoire. It was really wonderful.
Hamilton has been here for a week. With our wifi, he can work from here, although he heads back to New Orleans tomorrow for meetings. Last weekend, his close friend (the best man at his wedding) and his fiancee (they are to be married on Tony's and my anniversary) along with their long-time family cook-housekeeper-2nd mother (there's really no single word to describe her), brought over a fabulous four-course meal that we devoured. Then, Sunday, Rob & Ellie and the huggables came up, and along with the local Ghent crew and a really good friend of Mara's, we were 13 for dinner. It was great.
I really can't imagine how hard it must be for families when a loved one just suddenly drops dead. This time we are having together is so, so precious. It gives us the opportunity to express what we mean to each other, how we have impacted each others' lives. I am really blown away by some of the things my children have told me about the ways I have affected them. And amazingly, they seem only to remember the good things, or at least that's all they are sharing. Lots of tears, of course, but it's all part of the connectedness. Very powerful.
But we also have our light moments. We had a great time last night playing various favorite songs, to make selections for a memorial service. It wasn't maudlin at all. Just great fun. And after all, I like planning parties, so I love having a voice in it.
Off to the city tomorrow (Chris is taking me) to visit my 90-year-old mother, who still lives on her own. Figure I need to go while I still can.

1 comment:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete